As we head toward the New Year (one of my fave times of the year!), it can be super helpful to take a few minutes to think about everything you accomplished this year.
- How did you do with your goals for 2019?
- Did you make progress? Or did you set them aside for other goals?
- Are you setting the same goals again for 2020?
- What were the biggest things you learned this year?
- Did you find that some things work better for you than others? (raising my hand on this one! For sure.)
If you journal, write all of this down because it can help you reflect more deeply.
Even if that finish line eluded you this year, remember: there are no failures, only lessons.
You either win … or you learn!
So … how are you going to use those lessons to help set your 2020 goals?
There’s an old saying, “A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
Your plan is your map.
You wouldn’t head out on a road trip somewhere you’ve never been before without a map or GPS, right?
The same thing goes for your goals. That’s why reflection is so important…
because sometimes you can see how a few small course corrections will help you get to your destination a lot faster and without the stress.
Here are a few reflection questions:
- What are you grateful for from 2019?
- What are you MOST proud of?
- What went well, what didn’t?
- What are you biggest lessons from 2019?
Once you reflect, it’s time to set some new goals for 2020!
What do you REALLY want for your life over the next year.
There’s a pretty smart man named Dan Sullivan. He has a great question, called the “Dan Sullivan Question” that I modified a little for you:
It’s December 31st, 2020. You get out of bed in the morning, you stretch and do your morning ritual.You feel AMAZING. You’re looking back over the past 12 months. What has to have happened in your life, both personally and professionally, for you to feel happy with your progress?”
REALLY SPEND SOME TIME figuring out what that means to you.
If you do this and give it the time it deserves, you can have a truly game-changing year.
Pick your top 3 goals for 2020, and then ask yourself these questions:
- Why is this so important to me?
- What do I need to do DIFFERENTLY next year in order to achieve this goal?
- Who do I need to BECOME in order to reach this goal:
- What new habits / disciplines / behaviors do I need to start:
- What poor habits I need to STOP?
- Weekly action steps to make this happen:
How does that sound?
Do you feel like if you took the time to reflect and set your intentions and goals for 2020, that you’d have an impactful year?
I think you would 🙂
This is one small piece of what we do here at EarthFIT!!
We’ll help you get crystal clear on your goals and help you create that road map to get there.
If you’re ready to make 2020 a truly life-changing year….
JOIN US for a 3 MONTH CHALLENGE! Sign up and your Health & Fitness Assessment is FREE! Only 6 SPOTS LEFT and this expires on January 3rd at MIDNIGHT!
Let’s make it an INCREDIBLE 2020!