Who doesn’t love a bowl of warming soup for dinner on colder days? Those of you who know me, know that I use bone broth daily, for it’s healing and nurturing qualities. Well today, I’m sharing this recipe with you, courtesy of Chef Lance Roll , The Flavor Chef. It’s a simple, delicious and nutritious soup, using Chef Lance’s organic chicken bone broth.
- tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, minced, small dice
- 3 large celery, small dice
- 8 cups Organic Chicken Bone Broth ( I use The Flavor Chef)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (shitake, if available)
- 10 cloves garlic, minced ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1½ tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 can (15oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups baby kale leaves or chopped fresh kale
Sauté the onion, celery and carrots in a large soup pot or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic, cooking another 3 minutes. Add the turmeric, crushed red pepper, salt and chickpeas and allow the dry spices to mix with the vegetables.
Stir in the bone broth, bringing to a brief boil.
Mix in shredded chicken, cover and turn down heat to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add kale leaves or any other greens that you have available, cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
This soup can be stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or can be portioned and frozen for later use.
Buy your bone broth via my affiliate link here: The Flavor Chef and use the discount code SeanaHart10 for 10% off.